Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

Caffeine for the Soul

Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me, is there anyone at home? Yes, Pink Floyd, I am here.  Of sorts. I began this blog as an extension of my tumblr, the words to go with the images, yet as with many bright ideas I take flight with, I inevitable became bored and disillusioned and the posts petered out. In my defence, I now how a near-full-time job to contend with, so any free time I get is dedicated to catching up on sleep, travelling around my local area, watching endless episodes of Community, or catching up on my first love, painting.

As a child I never thought I was very good at painting. I would sit down with those cheap kiddy watercolours and try to paint something inane like a horse, only to get bored of the horse and become distracted by the colours, and focus on them instead. As an (sort-of) adult, I find myself continuously leaning towards the abstract side of things, and am finally finding my own personal style, a blending of colours and words, building textures from poetry as it occurs in my mind.  Actually, scratch that, it's painting. Make of it whatever you want to, it's just pigment on canvas.  I'll shut up now, here are some of my excuses for not using this blog:






All three paintings are oil on canvas. No titles because titles are a curiously pretentious thing that I haven't worked out yet. I have another work currently in progress, in which I'm marvellously experimenting with the effects of glue and turpentine as mediums. However I'm not sure how to finish it and it is currently out on the back patio, sulking away in an impetuous manner. I'll finish it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment